SmartNodes++ for WinCC OA
SmartNodes++ is the simplest way to quickly develop high quality WinCC OA systems. It helps to considerably speed up developments whether the scope of work is a small HMI system or it is the largest and most sophisticated control logic.
One Solution, Four Modules and Thousands of Benefits
Made of a suite of 4 modules, it encapsulates WinCC OA complexity and most advanced functionality allowing progamers and engineers to quickly develop OA-based solutions by helping over the whole solution development life-cycle. Its features reduce development and maintenance cost:
- ultra short learning curve with no need of much WinCC OA experience to benefit from its power – start producing very fast
- testing quality control measurements integrated during the design and development – reduce costs related to bad practices and low code quality
- favors work parallelization and its portability favors re-usability – avoid costs related to code repetition
Quikr designs solutions by generating fully functional Object Classes without having to bother about writing most of the code. Its SmartMenu generates WinCC OA Ctrl++ classes by means of simple commands. Quikr provides on the fly UML views of the generated classes and the relationships between them. A generic graphical interface can immediately be used to test any device instance without the need of drawing any panel.
Chekr creates test Classes and, on request from the developers, it generates test method templates to verify any desired cases. Chekr allows to runs all written test classes for a Class and on completion provides a report on possible failures as well as on code coverage. These reports can be directly fed into SonarQube for code quality monitoring purposes. Chekr also takes care of setting up and tearing down the test environment.
Moldr crafts the application building modls that define in a flexible way how hardware will be addressed, how alerts will be triggered, how values will be archived and how any other required settings will be configured. Moldr also takes the responsibility of generating and updating the templates files that would be used later by engineers to define the system instances. It can also be used to generate the different system views (plant model).
Muchr loads into a WinCC OA system the engineering files containing the solution instances and all of their configurations. Muchr verifies the consistency and reports to the engineer or integrator the differences between the engineering files being imported and the current system configuration. This highly simplifies the integration of developments and provides with a higher control on the upgrade of configurations of a live system.
SN++ Technical Details
SmartNodes++ is fully developed using the latest WinCC OA Ctrl++ Object-Oriented language and WinCC Ctrl Extension. Some of its main technical features are:
– Generates high quality and fully functional Ctrl++ classes on demand: constructors, getters and setters.
– Provides with a visualizable interface and creates Object Oriented panels for devices.
– Provides with an intelligent Smart Menu that learns the development context and provides suggestions.
– Encapsulates Ctrl++ Classes and DpType generation ensuring their consistency
– Provides a persistence layer for Ctrl++ objects.
– Generates testable code and provides with a tool to execute and report on test results.
How to start getting the best of SmartNodes++
SmartNodes++ is your best option in any WinCC OA related scenario:
- You would like to have your team get their hands on the tool suite and start developing immediately.
- You would like to establish a collaboration with Cleverdist becoming an SmartNodes++ integrator partner for small to medium projects or SCADA migrations
- You would like to partner with us for specific complex or large projects
- You would like to have our team designing and fully developing a large or complex project
Cleverdist is as adptative as its tools so let us know any other scenario in which you believe we could work together and lets bring the right speed and quality to our developments!
WinCC OA 3D EWO
Our exclusive 3D widget, fully integrated with WinCC OA, is used to enhance the monitoring of large systems by providing a realistic three-dimensional view allowing for online geographical data correlations. More than a decade of experience in 3D and SCADA technology were put together for the development of this widget.
Using our 3D component, users can freely navigate and interact with the 3D scene where the volumes and shapes will change color or display data in text format representing the state of the related sub-system, physical devices or processes. Objects in the scene are clickable allowing to open standard WinCC OA panels with additional information. The scene camera is also fully controllable from WinCC OA.
Why a 3D interface?
A 3D interface is not just a cool fancy feature for a control system. It has proven to be very efficient in presenting to an operator useful geo-correlated information that allow to understand events caused by systems that are not necessary related.
The following example, very close to a real case where the widget was used, illustrates well one of its uses. Imagine a large monitored infrastructure, that would span over different floors and a big surface. A water leak in some 3rd floor reported by a lead detection system could in principle have no relationship with some electrical equipment from a completely unrelated system tripping in a totally different level. However, a three-dimensional view would intermediately show to the operator electrical trips are, the malfunctioning hardware, is exactly in the vertical axis of the leak, which is potentially many levels above.
The above is just an example of how geographically correlation can be important to provide additional information for the monitoring of a system. With an interactive 3D view you potentially have unlimited 2D views of the system.
- Developed as a WinCC OA EWO widget, accessible from WinCC OA GEDI
- Loads all common 3D scene formats (3DS, FBX, DFX, OBJ, etc.)
- Provides a WinCC OA Ctrl API allowing to:
- Control volume colors
- Control shape transparency
- Insert and update texts in the 3D scene
- Control the camera position
Cleverdist is not selling standalone licenses of this EWO extension. This extension is accessible to our partners and end clients as part of our services, working with them in assessing their needs and finding the best way to integrate it with their systems. Get in contact with us for more information.
R&D SCADA Booster
In automation and control business, the exponential growth of technological ability lead to INDUSTRY 4.0
Keeping the pace of technology trend changes is a great challenge for SCADA vendors. Our SCADA Booster extends the functionality of any SCADA building a bridge between classical automation/control systems and the most modern IT and IIoT technologies.
Our current Booster version 1.0 explicitly address the use of open source time-based databases, provide unlimited web accessibility and address the problem of remote driver buffering. We are currently working in future extensions aiming to bring Artificial Intelligence and other advanced features in a coherent and maintainable way that would allow systems to evolve as fast as technology capability does.
Our SCADA Booster has been tested in R&D projects in combination with WinCC OA providing outstanding results.
Learn more about it
If you are interested in knowing more about how we can combine our Booster with our Industry 4.0 knowledge to boost your industrial systems get in touch with us.